Teaching Year 4 & 5 in Karamu
Bachelor of Teaching
I’m a dad of a pigeon pair, both of whom attended Ngahinapouri School. It’s an enormous privilege to work at our school and even after many years it’s still my dream job. The kids here are truly fantastic, and the feeling of community and support from parents and the other staff is outstanding. I love to see siblings growing up through the school - you get to know the family really well.
I have fairly old-fashioned values – I like to teach children about respect and thinking of others. Writing is a big passion for me - particularly story writing (narrative). I think it's a good creative pursuit, but also has practical applications for the future. I love science and mathematics for their value in real-life problem solving. I also like to have the occasional laugh – school should be fun too!
In my spare time I love to get out in my little yellow mini (called Edmond), and finding places of beauty to photograph (you don’t have to go very far in New Zealand!). I've been known to swing a hammer from time to time as well. Family time is hugely important to me, and together we support my wife in her role as a professional musician.
- Annelese Meek Teacher in Kauri - year 3
- Charlynne Wohlers Teacher Year 6
- Dave Moran Teaching Year 4 & 5 in Karamu
- Kari Hinett Year 0-2 teacher and Assistant Principal.
- Leonie Denne Pohutukawa Teacher
- Marika Karshagen D.P. Tawa Teacher
- Rochelle Lile Teacher in the Centre
- Rosemary Neal-King Learning Resource Teacher
- Tim Popping Totara Teacher
- Tracy Aldridge Teacher in the centre - Kowhai
- Wendy Maher Release teacher for Tawa
- Administration Staff
- Support Staff